Part A – Introduction
About Gentle Enterprises (GE) / Definitions
PART B – Information we may collect from you
- GE may collect and process information about you as set out in this Part B.
Sensitive personal information
- GE does not collect any sensitive personal information.
Using the Website, Mobile devices and GE Social Media and Information emails from GE
- GE may collect statistical information via a third party company (such as WP Statistics) about your visits to the Website and the way that you use it.
PART C – Cookies / Web Becons / Third Party links
- GE does not directly collect information using its own cookies and web beacons.
- A “cookie” is a small piece of information placed on your device’s hard drive via your web browser. “Session cookies” are temporary cookies which remain on the cookie file of your browser until you leave a website. “Persistent cookies” remain in the cookie file of your browser for much longer (how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie). The “help” button on the menu bar of most web browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser tell you when you receive a new cookie, and how to disable cookies. More information about cookies is available at www.aboutcookies.org.10. A web beacon is a tiny transparent graphic image, often no larger than 1 pixel x 1 pixel, that is placed on a website or in an e-mail and used to collect information, often in conjunction with a cookie.
- GE does not use any of its own cookies.
Third party cookies
- GE may allow third parties to collect statistical data about the Website, compiling reports on website activity (e.g. for evaluating usage of the Website).
GE does not control these third party cookies.
- Third party stat counters may use web beacons to count the number of visitors to the Website.
- GE does not produce or use a Mobile App, but its WP Theme is mobile friendly.
GE Social Media
- GE Social Media may allow you to see your friend’s details and contact them. An example of this would be an Event Planner within Facebook. Where this is the case, this function is provided by the social media site provider and not GE. GE does not hold your friend’s details and any messages you send to friends via GE Social Media.
Third party links
- GE may contain links to websites which are not controlled by the GE website. This might include a link in a third party advertisement. The fact that the GE website and GE Social Media provides links to any such website does not mean that GE endorses that website or any of the services or products it offers. We are not agents for any such websites or advertisers and we are not authorised to make representations on their behalf (unless explicitly stated). GE is not responsible for the privacy practices of any such websites. You provide personal information to such websites at your own risk and you should check their privacy policies.
Part D – Use made of the information we collect from you
- The only information used by GE is statistical to record the number of visitors to the website, their general world locations and pages visited. This information is only used by the GE Webmaster and Committee members as a measure of the success of the GE to reach its audience and monitor on-going interest in the GE.
Information emails from GE
- You will only receive emails from GE if you are a client and it relates to work undertaken or being undertaken by GE, or have opted into our email list as described in section 17 above. You can opt out at any time, as described in section 17 above.
PART E – How we may share information with third parties
- GE will not share any of your personal information with third parties. Occasionally, we may request audience feedback, but any individual feedback will not be used without the express permission of the originator.